Do You Need Earthquake Coverage?

brick wall with a crack

Do your clients have earthquake coverage in their homeowner’s insurance policies? A select few may, but most policies exclude damage caused by earthquakes. Some carriers offer earthquake coverage that can be purchased as an endorsement for an additional premium. Coverage includes damage that ensues from the earthquake, such as broken windows or cracks in the home’s foundation, walls, or ceilings.

Certain collectibles, however, may not be covered under the earthquake endorsement, which is why homeowners should consider scheduling antiques and other high-value items. 

With the recent earthquake in Ohio (4.2 magnitude), many clients have added this endorsement to their policies when in prior years they have chosen to decline. 

Let Brunswick Companies review your client’s policy to see how we can best protect the world they love and everything in it.